There can never be enough fur & fuzz pages. Starting a
page is a great way of getting to know fur friends and a major ego-boost if it
works. Looking for attention? Looking for a subject? Look below.
Some advise: it is always better to specialise. Better to be
unique or pretty good in one thing than average in a lot. Of course, if you have
a decent scanner and access to some pictures no one has seen on the Web, no one
is going to complain. Having no new and original pictures is no excuse for not
having your own webpage though. So far there is no (good) page about:
- Dyed furs. There must be a pink panther out there ... get
- Powerfurs. With `powerfurs' I mean especially the huge like
a cloud furs that were popular in the 80s, and generally furs that are
bulky, full size (or why not more than full size), large and preferably
- Classic furs. If you know where to look there are a lot of
black and white pictures from old movies in books and even on the Web, but they are all dispersed.
Get your act together; go start looking for pictures of M a r l e n e D i e
t r i c h, Betty Grable, Mae West, and you'll be off the street for a while.
- Lynx, coyote, mink and some other kind of furs. If there is
just one type of fur that makes you go wild, why not stick to that?
- And especially, there's no page about those extremely
long-haired Tibetan and Mongolian lamb furs. Frank reminded me of that one,
and I too think it would be a very good thing ...
- An illustrated catalog. What do I mean by this? Well, it
would be nice to see an extensive list of fur types, with lots of info about
every type (provenance, prices, quality, a close up picture (like those on
the Gunia furrier site) and a picture of a coat in that type. Really, this
should keep you off the streets for some time.
- A history of fur (fashion)
- A fake, faux or fun fur page. No, there does not exist any
faux fan site, as far as I know. Not just for those of us `who have a
- It would be nice if there was a page linking to separate
fur pics, like those in marriage agency catalogs, model pages, and Firstview
etc. Yes, I know a lot of them show up on NTC, but there they are only
temporary and often people mangle them by bad compression (not Frank's
- A feather(ed) clothing page. Well, there is Feather
Fan's place now, but more feathers on the Net would certainly be
- A Royalty in Fur
page. Scour the appropriate magazines after any major event and you'll soon
have some original material to scan.
- In general: a
celebrity furs page.